These types of fungus do not invade your skin. They’re irritatingly growing by grazing on your keratin slough.
Ocassionally, a yeast type fungal skin infection is instigated by Candida, causing candidiasis, or Malassezia furfur, associated with dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, folliculitis and tinea versicolor.
Types of fungus skin infections include:
- jock itch ~ tinea cruris
- face fungus ~ tinea faciei
- ringworm ~ tinea corporis
- athlete’s foot ~ tinea pedis
- nail fungus ~ onychomycosis
- scalp hair fungus ~ tinea capitis
- skin yeast ~ cutaneous candidiasis
- skin/scalp fungus ~ tinea versicolor
Notably, these fungi are adult skin infection causes. An exception is Tinea capitis, which is a fungal scalp infection acting upon children.
- lichen planus
- pityriasis rosea
- secondary syphilis
- chronic paronychia
- seborrehic dermatitis
OTC topical antifungal remedies specifically designed for your type of fungal infection might sufficiently rid your skin of your annoying fungus. If not, pay a visit to your health care professional for a more potent destroyer.