Menopause affects every woman differently, and not all women go through the burning up sensations of hot flashes. For some women, the only way they even know they’ve been through it is by their menstrual period stopping. That is a sure sign. However you may have other symptoms, too.
Many symptoms at this time of life are natural. Knowing what some of these symptoms are helps ease any anxiety you may feel when experiencing some bizarre feeling or sensations without identifiable causation.
Some common symptoms of menopause include:
- vaginal dryness
- trouble sleeping
- hot flashes, hot flushes, night sweats
- change in pattern of menstruation or periods
- trouble focusing, feeling mixed-up or confused
- hair loss/thinning on your head, increased hair growth on your face
- mood swings, feeling crabby, crying spells ~ probably due to lack of sleep
When estrogen levels fall at menopause, bones weaken. When bones weaken, they can break more easily. Therefore, increase your calcium consumption with the onset of your menopause to assist with this osteoporosis issue.