Are you having a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep? That’s what insomnia means, having a hard time falling or staying asleep.
Here are some good night’s sleep suggestions to help you fall and stay asleep.
- Keep regular sleep habits by going to bed at the same time and get up at the same time every day ~ this doesn’t exclude weekends and vacations.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol in the late afternoon and evening ~ caffeine can keep you from sleeping or sleeping soundly, and alcohol disturbs sleep, despite that drowsy feeling.
- Regular exercise ~ but avoid exercising within 3 hours of bedtime because it is stimulating and keeps you awake.
- No napping ~ sleeping in the afternoon can interfere with nighttime sleep.
- Reserve your bed for sleeping ~ other activities done in bed can stimulate you, making it hard to sleep.
- Keep your bedroom dark, quiet, and cool.
- Avoid spicy meals before bed ~ heartburn and sleep do not go hand in hand.
- Wind down before bed ~ do relaxing activities, such as listening to soft music or taking a warm bath, that get you ready to sleep.
Now follow these suggestions to a good night’s sleep to neutralize your insomnia.