Every year hundreds of people die from CO poisoning. People with carbon monoxide poisoning often report feeling sick and having feelings of malaise which continues to worsen. The most common symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning is headache.
However, symptoms may also include:
In severe cases, people can become increasingly:
Eventually becoming lethargic and lapsing into unconsciousness.
Take precautions and:
- do not use gasoline-powered tools and engines indoors
- never burn charcoal inside a home, garage, vehicle, or tent
- never leave a car running in an attached garage, even with the garage door open
- never service fuel-burning appliances without proper knowledge, skills, and tools
- never use gas appliances such as ranges, ovens, or clothes dryers for heating your home
- never use portable fuel-burning camping equipment inside a home, garage, vehicle, or tent
- never operate nonvented fuel-burning appliances in any room with closed doors or windows or in any room where people are sleeping
CO levels above 150 to 200 ppm ~ disorientation, unconsciousness, and death are possible.
Anytime you think you are experiencing any of these symptoms, get fresh air immediately. Open windows and doors for more ventilation, turn off any combustion appliances, and leave the house. Call your fire department and report your symptoms.
You could lose consciousness and die if you do nothing. A fatal mistake.