A sexually transmitted disease, or STD, is a highly contagious infection that is spread through the course of vaginal, anal or oral sexual contact activity. Sometimes, an STD infection causes you little or no symptoms, yet it maintains its pass-ability.
And routinely, sexually transmitted diseases are a cause for women to suffer more frequent and serious complications than men.
This list includes the commonly sexually transmitted infections and their insufferable telltale signs or symptoms (clicking on those highlighted will enlighten you further on their other symptoms and treatment):
- syphilis ~ chancre sore
- genital herpes ~ itchy lesions
- pubic lice ~ pubic area itching
- cytomegalovirus ~ congenital CMV
- human papillomavirus (HPV) ~ genital warts
- chancroid ~ ulcer, painful groin lymph nodes
- hepatitis B ~ jaundice, dark urine, pale poop stools
- bacteria vaginosis (BV) ~ fishy odor vaginal discharge
- HIV/AIDS ~ extreme fatigue, rapid weight loss, blotchy skin
- trichomoniasis ~ yellow/green/grey foamy vaginal discharge
- chlamydia ~ abnormal vaginal discharge with burning urination
- gonorrhea ~ yellowish vaginal discharge with burning urination
Trichomoniasis can also be transmitted via contact with damp ,moist articles, such as:
- toilet seat
- wet clothing
However, your genital area must have a connection with this STD infected item.
An accompanying foul odor to your abnormal vaginal discharge is not uncommon. Keep your discharge healthy and fresh smelling by abstaining from sexually contact or scaling back your sexual pleasure with a single partner.