About Mold, Toxic Mold, Allergic Reactions and Black Mold Removal

Do you have mold growing in your shower? Many households do, and that black mold will grow where ever it happens to land in moisture.

It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors. Fact is, mold spores are floating through the air and in your house dust. Molds are part of the natural environment, products of nature.

Molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter. It reproduces by means of tiny spores that are invisible to the naked eye. When air floating mold spores land on a wet surface they begin to grow.

There are many types of mold, and they all need moisture to grow. Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless you have a wet or damp area for them to grow.

A common place you’ll find mold growing is your bathroom, particularly around your shower/tub area. It is that black stuff. Not dirt, black mold.

Molds have the potential to cause health problems. They produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause an allergic reactions in sensitive individuals.

Allergic reactions to mold are typical hay fever symptoms, such as:

Allergic reactions to mold can be immediate or delayed.

Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. Mold exposure can irritate your eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people.

Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types reactions are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling toxic mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing.

The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present. Therefore, indoor mold growth can be controlled by controlling indoor moisture. If there is mold growth in your home, you must remove the mold and fix the water problem.

If you don’t fix the water problem, you don’t fix the toxic black mold problem.

If your home smells moldy, but you don’t see any visible mold, then you may need a toxic mold specialist to test for any hidden moisture problems.

For black mold removal, use cleaning products that are specifically designed to kill mold and mildew. If you don’t have any available, try hydrogen peroxide!

Google+